|Odia Poet and Storyteller Saqti Mohanty|
Saqti Mohanty, (born: 14th January 1974) in Jayabad, Jagatsinghpur, Odisha. Saqti Mohanty is an Actor, Poet, storyteller, writer and author of popular Odia storybook "Casino" and "Ardhasatya". Saqti is known for his poems with rich metaphors and similes.
Saqti, a Physics enthusiast, has his own inimitable ways of seeing things. Time, instincts, relationships are the main ingredients of true joys in his poetic recipes which are immensely magnetic for connoisseurs of literature. Mr Mohanty, being a poet at heart, adds to his journey, quite a few translations of contemporary poets from Indian languages. With many regional and national recognitions, he has four poetry collections, three novellas and one short story collection to his credit. Few of his poems have been translated into Hindi, Bengali and Kannad as well.
Early lifeBorn in a modest family in Jayabad, Jagatsinghpur to father Bhabani Prasad Mohanty and mother Sanjukta Mohanty. Saqti did his matriculation from Shri Krishna Academy and graduated from Ravenshaw College. He is the Professor of Physics in GITA Engineering College, Bhubaneswar. Saqti did his post-graduation from Utkal University. Now he is a research associate in Nanophotonics.
- 2019 - Invited as a panellist on 8th Odisha Literary festival 2019
- 2018 - TIMEPASS BOOKER AWARD for short story collection CASINO
- 2017 - 64 Yoginee Sahitya Samman-2017
- 2016 - Basant Muduli Kabita Samman.
- 2012 - Konark Sahitya Samman
- 2011 - Best Seller for poetry book 'Laghuchaapa'
- 2019 - Speaker at Koraput Literary Festival organised by Odia Media, October 2019
- 2019 - Speaker at Odisha Literary Festival by New Indian Express, September 2019
- 2017 - The Great Indian Literary Festival,3-5 March 2017, UDAIPUR, Rajasthan as Panellist & Speaker
- 2017 - RAZA Biennale of Indian Poetry, 7-9 April 2017, New Delhi as an Invited poet, one among 45 poets from 15 Indian languages.
- 2016 - Bhubaneswar Poetry Festival, as Panellist and Speaker
- 2016 - Utkal Literature Festival, as Panellist and Speaker
- 2016 - Kalinga Literature festival, as Panellist and Speaker
- 2014 - Think Literature 2014 by Times of India: Readings
- 2013 - Sahitya Akademi workshop AVISKAR in Guwahati, Assam
- 2013 - Delivered a talk to Freshers at INFOSYS, Bhubaneswar as a part of Hale Hubby Week
- 2010 - Sahitya Akademi Young Writers Meet at Kolkata and New Delhi
- 2019 - Saqti Mohanty has written the story and screenplay for short film "Hawaiian Shirt"
- 2019 - Saqti Mohanty has been the story writer & lead actor in his short film "Premika"
Namaste India is a platform for all emerging artists, who have talents in any artistic field, be it writing like authoring books, writing poetries or making paintings, singing, acting or film making. Namaste India Invites you all to Share your story with us, if we like your story good enough to be featured, we will publish it here on our platform to let the world know about your talent.
Please reach out to us through our Email ID - email@example.com