Complete List of National and Important Days in India
- 1st January - Army Medical Corps Establishment Day
- 9th January - Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (Non-Resident Indian Day) is a celebratory day observed (starting in 2015) on 9 January by the Republic of India to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community towards the development of India.
- 10th January - World Hindi Day is celebrated on January 10 every year, marking the anniversary of first World Hindi Conference which was held in 1975. The first World Hindi Conference was inaugurated by the then prime minister Indira Gandhi.
- 11th January - Death anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri
- 12th January - National Youth Day is celebrated on 12 January being the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. In 1984 the Government of India declared this day as National Youth Day and since from 1985 the event is celebrated in India every year.
- 15th January - Army Day is celebrated on 15 January every year in India, in recognition of Field Marshal Kodandera M. Cariappa taking over as the first Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army from General Sir Francis Butcher, the last British Commander-in-Chief of India, on 15 January 1949.
- 23rd January - Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti is observed on 23rd of January every year as Subhash Chandra Bose was born on 23 January, 1897 in Cuttack, Odisha, which was then a Bengal province.
- 24th January - National Girl Child Day
- 25th January - National Tourism Day, National Voters Day
- 26th January - This Day is celebrated as Republic Day in India and is a national holiday. India became a Republic when the Constitution of the Country came into force on 26th January 1950.
- 30th January - India celebrates Martyr's Day or Shaheed Diwas every year on January 30, in memory of Mahatma Gandhi. Martyr's Day is observed to pay homage to the victims who fought for the freedom, glory, welfare and progress of India.
- 13th February - National women's day or Sarojini Naidu’s Birthday
- 24th February - Central Excise Day
- 28th February - National Science Day
- 3rd March - National Defence Day
- 4th March - National Security Day
- 9th March - CISF Raising Day
- 12th March - Central Industrial Security Force Day(CISF Day)
- 16th March - National Vaccination Day
- April 1 - Orissa Day, April fool's day
- April 5 - National Maritime Day
- 11th April - National Safe Motherhood Day
- April 13 - Jallianwala Bagh Massacre Day
- April 14 - B.R.Ambedkar Remembrance Day
- 21st April - National Civil Service Day
- 24th April - Panchayat Raj Day
- 1st May - Maharashtra Day
- 4th May - Coal Miners Day
- May 11 - National technology day
- May 21 - National Anti Terrorism Day, National Day for Cultural Development
- 24th May - Commonwealth Day
- 30th May - Hindi Journalism Day
- 29th June - National Statistics Day
- 1st July - Doctor's Day
- 26th July - Kargil Vijay Diwas or Kargil Memorial Day or Kargil Victory Day
- 27th July - Central Reserve Police Force Foundation Day
- 9th August - Quit India Day
- 11th August - National Daughter's Day
- 15th August - This Day is celebrated as the Independence Day in India, as India got Independence from British colonialism on 15th of August 1947.
- 20th August - Sadbhavana Diwas
- 29th August - National Sports Day of India (Dhyan Chand’s Birthday)
- 5th September - Teachers Day (Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’s Birthday)
- 14th September - Hindi day
- 15th September - Engineer's Day
- 2nd October - This Day is dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi when the whole Nation celebrates Bapu's birthday as Gandhi Jayanti. This day is also observed as International day of Non-violence.
- 8th October - Indian Air Force Day
- 10th October - National Post Day
- 20th October - The observance of National Solidarity Day
- 27th October - Infantry Day is observed on October 27 to mark the landing of first Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir in 1947 to push back Pakistan supported intruders.
- 31st October - Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (Sardar Patel), National Integration Day (In memory of Indira Gandhi)
- 7th November - National Cancer Awareness Day
- 9th November - Legal Services Day is celebrated every year on 9th of November in all the states Authorities. At this day variety of legal literacy camps and functions are organized at many places in the capital city of the country.
- 12th November - Guru Nanak Dev's Birth Anniversary
- 14th November - Children’s day is a national holiday and celebrated on account of Birth Anniversary of First Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru Birthday.
- 17th November - National Epilepsy Day
- 19th November - National Integration Day is celebrated on 19th November to mark the first female Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi’s birth anniversary. The motive of celebrating a National Integration day is to spread unity across the nation. Also known as Quami Ekta Divas
- 26th November - National Law Day
- 2nd December - National Pollution Prevention Day
- 4th December - National Navy Day
- 7th December - Armed Force Flag Day
- 10th December - Human Rights Day
- 14th December - The National Energy Conservation Day is being celebrated every year on December 14 since 1991. The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under Ministry of Power spearheads the celebrations every year.
- 16th December - Vijay Diwas
- 18th December - Minorities Rights Day
- 19th December - Goa Liberation day
- 22nd December - National Mathematics Day
- 23rd December - Kisan Divas (Farmer's Day)
- 24th December - National Consumer rights day
- 25th December - Good Governance Day