Many great personalities from India, have their Birthdays on 3rd November. Eminent Economist and Nobel Prize laureate Amartya Sen, Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb and Carnatic singer and cultural activist Bangalore Nagarathnamma have their birthdays on 3rd November.
3rd November in the history of India
- 2019 - Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan shared pictures of the Kartarpur Corridor complex and Gurdwara Darbar Sahib, saying the revered venue is ready to welcome the Sikhs pilgrims for the 550th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak. The year 2019 marks the 550th birth anniversary year of Sikhism founder Guru Nanak Dev, whose birthplace is Sri Nankana Sahib in Pakistan.
- 1988 – Sri Lankan Tamil mercenaries try to overthrow the Maldivian government. At President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom's request, the Indian military suppresses the coup attempt within 24 hours.
- 1838 – The Times of India, the world's largest circulated English language daily broadsheet newspaper is founded as The Bombay Times and Journal of Commerce.
Birthdays on 3rd November
- 1997 – Sarthak Golui, Indian footballer
- 1934 - Ruma Guha Thakurta, actress and singer, mostly associated with Bengali cinema. (Died on 3rd June 2019)
- 1933 - Amartya Sen, Indian economist and academician, Nobel Prize laureate in economics.
- 1917 - Annapurna Maharana was an India pro-independence activist active in the Indian independence movement. She was also a prominent social and women's rights activist. Maharana was a close ally of Mohandas Gandhi.
- 1878 – Bangalore Nagarathnamma was an Indian Carnatic singer, cultural activist, scholar, and courtesan. A descendant of courtesans, she was also a patron of the arts and a historian(she died on 19th May 1952)
- 1618 – Aurangzeb, Mughal emperor of India (died on 3rd March 1707)
Deaths on 3rd November
- 2014 – Sadashiv Amrapurkar, Indian actor (b. 1950)
- 2012 – Kailashpati Mishra, Indian activist and politician, 18th Governor of Gujarat (b. 1923)
- 1991 - Birendra Krishna Bhadra was a radio broadcaster, playwright, actor, narrator and theatre director from Kolkata, India (Born: 4th August 1905)
|Gurdwara Darbar Sahib, Pakistan|