This Day 5th November is for sure one of the most celebrated Day for all cricket lovers in India, as 5th November is the Birthday of cricketing legend Virat Kohli. But 5th November will always be remembered by all Indians for a historic feat which India had achieved by launching its first Interplanetary mission, Mars Orbiter Mission in 2013.
Birthdays on 5th November
|India's first Interplanetary probe - Mars Orbiter Mission|
- Kanakadasa Jayanthi, Karnataka
5th November in the history of India
- 2013 – India launched the Mars Orbiter Mission, its first interplanetary probe.
Birthdays on 5th November
- 1997 - Khushi Kapoor born in star family to Sridevi and Boney Kapoor, is the sister of actress Janhvi Kapoor.
- 1988 – Virat Kohli is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world. He plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and has been the Indian cricket team's captain since 2013. Since October 2017, he has been the top-ranked ODI batsman in the world and is currently 2nd in Test rankings. Among Indian batsmen, Kohli has the best ever Test rating (937 points), ODI rating (911 points) and T20I rating (897 points).
- 1955 - Karan Thapar is an Indian journalist and television commentator and interviewer. He was associated with CNN-IBN and hosted The Devil's Advocate and The Last Word. He was also associated with India Today and hosted the shows To the Point and Nothing But The Truth.
- 1952 - Vandana Shiva, Indian philosopher and author
- 1917 - Banarsi Das Gupta, Activist and politician, 4th Chief Minister of Haryana. He was renowned freedom Fighter and went to jail many times during the British rule. He established Parja Mandal in erstwhile Jind State in pre-independence period and launched an agitation for the establishment of a responsible Government in Jind State(died on 29th August 2007)
- 1905 - Syed Sajjad Zaheer, was an Urdu writer, Marxist ideologue and radical revolutionary who worked in both India and Pakistan. In the pre-independence era, he was a member of the Communist Party of India. Upon independence and partition, he moved to the newly created Pakistan and became a founding member of the Communist Party of Pakistan(died on 13 September 1973).
- 1892 - J. B. S. Haldane or John Burdon Sanderson Haldane, was a British-Indian scientist known for his work in the study of physiology, genetics, evolutionary biology, and mathematics. He made innovative contributions to the fields of statistics and biostatistics.(died on 1 December 1964)
- 1870 - Chittaranjan Das, popularly known as Deshbandhu, was a leading Bengali politician, a prominent lawyer, an activist of the Indian National Movement and founder-leader of the Swaraj Party in Bengal during British occupation in India(died on 16 June 1925)
Deaths on 5th November
- 2011 – Bhupen Hazarika, Indian singer-songwriter, director, and poet (b. 1926)