On this Day 12th November if you have your Birthday, then you share your Birthday with Bollywood's most renowned villain 'Gabbar Singh' or Amjad Khan Sahab. Let's learn about the importance of this Day in the history of India, Birthdays on 12th November and Deaths if any.
Today is World Pneumonia Day
- Guru Nanak's Birthday
- Kartik Purnima
Day in the history of India
- 2019 - Rail Services in Kashmir resumed over three months after being suspended due to security reasons in view of the Centre's decision to abrogate Article 370.
- 2019 - President rule imposed in Maharashtra after parties failed to form Govt in the state, Governor of the state Bhagat Singh Koshyari had submitted a report to President Ram Nath Kovind which got accepted, leading to imposition of President's rule in the state of Maharashtra.
Birthdays on 12th November
- 1940 – Amjad Khan was an Indian actor and director. He worked in over 130 films in a career spanning nearly twenty years. He enjoyed popularity for villainous roles in Hindi films, the most famous being the iconic Gabbar Singh in the 1975 classic Sholay and of Dilawar in Muqaddar Ka Sikandar(Died on 27 July 1992))
- 1896 – Salim Ali was an Indian ornithologist and naturalist. Sometimes referred to as the "Birdman of India", Salim Ali was the first Indian to conduct systematic bird surveys across India and wrote several bird books that popularized ornithology in India(Died on 20 June 1987)
Deaths on 12th November
- 2014 – Ravi Chopra was an Indian film producer and director. He was the son of producer and director Baldev Raj Chopra and nephew of producer and director Yash Chopra. Aditya Chopra and Uday Chopra are his cousins. He is known for directing the epic Indian television series Mahabharat, Vishnu Puran and Aap Beeti(Born on 27 September 1946)
- 2007 – K. C. Ibrahim, was a former Indian cricketer who played in four Tests from 1948 to 1949.
- 1965 – Taher Saifuddin was the 51st Da'i al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohras, a section within Shia Islam. He was the son of the 49th Da'i al-Mutlaq Mohammed Burhanuddin, whose family lineage can be traced back to Syedi Fakhruddin Shaheed(4 August 1888)
- 1946 – Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya was an Indian educationist and politician notable for his role in the Indian independence movement and as the four times president of Indian National Congress. He was respectfully addressed as Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya and also addressed as Mahamana(Born on 25 December 1861)