Let's learn about the importance of 6th November in the history of India, major historical events, Birthdays on 6th November and deaths if any.
|6th November - A Day in the life of India|
6th November in the history of India
- 1913 – Mohandas Gandhi is arrested while leading a march of Indian miners in South Africa.
Birthdays on 6th November
- 1969 - Swami Sadyojathah, is the Founder Director of Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science and Research, Bangalore. He is also the International Director at The Art Of Living.
Deaths on 6th November
- 2013 – Tarla Dalal was a food writer, chef, cookbook author and host of cooking shows. Her first cookbook, The Pleasures of Vegetarian Cooking, was published in 1974. Since then, she wrote over 100 books and sold more than 10 million copies. She also ran the largest Indian food web site and published a bi-monthly magazine, Cooking & More. Her cooking shows included The Tarla Dalal Show and Cook It Up With Tarla Dalal. Her recipes were published in about 25 magazines and tried in an estimated 120 million Indian homes(She was born on 3 June 1936)
- 2010 – Siddhartha Shankar Ray was a Lawyer, Diplomat and Indian National Congress politician from West Bengal. In his political career, he held a number of offices, including Union Minister of Education (1971–72), Chief Minister of West Bengal (1972–77), Governor of Punjab (1986–89) and Indian Ambassador to the United States (1992–96) (He was born on 20th October 1920)
- 1985 – Sanjeev Kumar was a Legendary Bollywood film actor. He won several major awards including two National Film Awards for Best Actor for his performances in the movies Dastak (1970) and Koshish (1972). He acted in genres ranging from romantic dramas to thrillers. Movies such as Arjun Pandit, Sholay and Trishul, along with the remakes of Tamil films into Hindi such as Khilona, Yehi Hai Zindagi, Naya Din Nai Raat, Devata, Itni Si Baat and Ram Tere Kitne Naam exemplify his talents.(was born on 9th July 1938).