Learn about the importance of 27th November. Read about major historical events on this day. Famous Birthdays on this day and Death Anniversaries on this day.
27th November in the history of India
- 2019 - India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C47 launched successfully on November 27 with Cartosat-3 and 13 other (US Commercial Satellites) in Sun Synchronous orbit from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, SHAR, Sriharikota. Cartosat-3 satellite is a third generation agile advanced satellite having high resolution imaging satellite capability, the satellite got placed in an orbit of 509 km at an inclination of 97.5 degree.
Birthdays on 27th November
- 1986 – Suresh Raina is an Indian international cricketer. An aggressive left-handed middle-order batsman and an occasional off-spin bowler, he is also regarded as one of the best fielders in world cricket.
- 1952 – Bappi Lahiri or Alokesh "Bappi" Lahiri is an Indian singer, music composer, dancer, disco musician, actor and record producer. He popularized the use of synthesized disco music in Indian cinema and sang some of his own compositions. He was popular in the 1980s and 1990s with film soundtracks such as Wardat, Disco Dancer, Namak Halaal, Dance Dance, Commando, Saaheb, Gang Leader, Sailaab and Sharaabi.
- 1907 – Harivansh Rai Bachchan was an Indian poet of the Nayi Kavita literary movement of early 20th century Hindi literature. Born in an Awadhi Indian Hindu family in the village of Babupatti, in the district of Pratapgarh, in the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh in British India, he was also a poet of the Hindi Kavi Sammelan. He is best known for his early work Madhushala. In 1976, he received the Padma Bhushan for his service to Hindi literature.
- 1888 – Ganesh Vasudev Mavalankar popularly known as Dadasaheb was an independence activist, the President (from 1946 to 1947) of the Central Legislative Assembly, then became the Speaker of the Constituent Assembly of India, and later the first Speaker of the Lok Sabha, the lower house of the Parliament of India.
- 1878 – Jatindramohan Bagchi, Bengali poet and critic.
Deaths on 27th November
- 2009 – V. P. Singh, was an Indian politician, government official, and royal who was the 7th Prime Minister of India from 1989 to 1990. He was also the last ruler of Manda, having become the chief in 1941. Singh is known for his decision, as Prime Minister, to implement the Mandal Commission report for India's backward castes.
- 2002 – Shivmangal Singh Suman, Indian poet and academic (b. 1915)