- India has the largest network of postal system in the world.
- India Post previously known as "Department of Post" was formed on 1st October 1854 and comes under the jurisdiction of ministry of communication.
- Headquartered at Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi, It has around 1,55,000 post offices across the country.
- As of March 2017, India Post has more than 433,417 employees working.
- Calcutta GPO is the first post office in India - The East India Company started establishing post offices in India. In 1774 Calcutta GPO was established.
- Hikkim in Himachal Pradesh is famous for it's world's highest post-office, situated at around 4400 mtr (15,500 ft) above sea level.
- Dal Lake, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir has a floating post office.
- Postal Number 9 (PB No 9), set up in 1920s is said to have completed 100 years and is situated in Munnar, Kerala.
facts about Shirdi Sai Baba SABKA MAALIK EK!! Meaning there is only one God. So, true!, Really there is only one god and that’s within you. Go through any number of books, holy books, history books, references almost every scholar, every saint, every peer baba or anyone whom you and people believed and trusted, used to say, that God is one and god lives within you. It’s you who can make your god come alive within you. Sai Baba is not different, he whole his life said one thing, call your god, that lives inside you and that God is one. God lives in everyone. I’m really feeling very contented today while writing this article, I’m very much convinced and feeling devoted. Let me allow to take you to some series of stories about Shirdi Ke Sai Baba, Sai. Why do people crave to go to Shirdi? What is so special about a remote village in Maharashtra? Many devotees aspire to start the first day of the year in the auspicious presence of Baba? What is it in the aura of Shirdi tha