Learn about the importance of 22nd December. Major historical events of this day, famous Birthdays of December 22 and death anniversaries on this day.
Celebrations/Observations on this day
- National Mathematics Day (India)
22nd December in the history of India
- 1939 – Indian Muslims observe a "Day of Deliverance" to celebrate the resignations of members of the Indian National Congress over their not having been consulted over the decision to enter World War II with the United Kingdom.
- 1921 – Opening of Visva-Bharati College, also known as Santiniketan College, now Visva Bharati University, India.
- 1851 – India's first freight train is operated in Roorkee, India.
Famous Birthdays on 22nd December
- 1971 – Ajeenkya Patil, Indian economist and academic
- 1947 – Dilip Doshi, Indian cricketer
- 1929 – Wazir Mohammad, Indian-Pakistani cricketer
- 1887 – Srinivasa Ramanujan, Indian mathematician and theorist (d. 1920)
- 1853 – Sarada Devi, Indian mystic and philosopher (d. 1920)
- 1666 – Guru Gobind Singh, Indian guru and poet (d. 1708)